[ExI] Expansion of the Universe

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 15:00:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Tomaz Kristan <protokol2020 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Unless the speed of light is overcome somehow...
>

> Yes. If we will be able to do that, it would just be the best think we can
> hope for.

### In an infinite universe with effectively unlimited speeds (posited
here purely for argument's sake, not as something possible under
consistent physics), the volume of space that generates superior
armies capable of invading us would be effectively infinite, therefore
the likelihood of being ground to dust under the boot of an alien
invader might (under some simple assumptions) trend towards unity.

Speed of light limit and the small and expanding universe are our best
defense against alien invasion.

Rafal