[ExI] Jaw-dropping CWRU Alzheimer's breakthrough?

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Feb 11 15:56:36 UTC 2012

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Stefano Vaj
.

We are in a position to cast caution to the
wind and become lab rats, for the alternative is bankruptcy of the family
and gradual death in which even cryonics may not be able to help, as the
brain may be destroyed long before the body stops functioning.

>.Another important angle. Should one who is willing to bet on cryonic
suspension really wait for entropic mechanisms destroying his identity to
kick in?   Stefano Vaj

In the US, we don't really have a choice.  One of the early cryonics cases
as I recall had a disputed time of death issue.  Dora Kent:
http://www.alcor.org/Library/html/DoraKentCase.html