[ExI] Jaw-dropping CWRU Alzheimer's breakthrough?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 19:27:47 UTC 2012

2012/2/11 spike <spike66 at att.net>
> In the US, we don’t really have a choice.  One of the early cryonics cases as I recall had a disputed time of death issue.  Dora Kent:  http://www.alcor.org/Library/html/DoraKentCase.html

I appreciate that, and this is not really unusual in existing legal systems.

Should we however seek an undefined lifespan without at the same time
advocating for the freedom to obtain assisted suicide at any time, for
whatsoever reason?

I fully accept that given the rather remote chances of resurrection,
cryonic suspension of a healthy (or, at least, alive) individual may
well be considered as such by some.

But why should this be anybody else's business? The reason why we
should support even "turist" cryonic suspension, for those willing to
take the bet, is the same why we should support the freedom to obtain
euthanasia and cremation if one so wishes.

--
Stefano Vaj