[ExI] good bexarotene article

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Feb 12 17:08:22 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] good bexarotene article

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM, spike  wrote:
>>... We could use something like that Snowmed CT database, and arrange a
> volunteer base to do some kind of background computing project to look
> for unexpected correlations...

>...Thinking it over, it sounds like a project for Watson.  I believe they
are already planning to use Watson to help with medical diagnosis.  Why do
all these projects take years?  BillK

BillK, if we manage to help Snowmed or something analogous to it go
mainstream and it turns into a really useful life extension tool, it could
be the very most important achievement the transhumanist movement has ever
accomplished.  All our yakkity yak and bla bla here over the years would
pale in comparison to contributing to Snowmed or equivalent going critical
mass.  I define success as creating sufficient awareness that the unwashed
hordes of internet humanity will use it.  Then from that, the next success
is the creation of digital health profiles that we can somehow chew on in
background processes.  Then perhaps GIMPS, Folding at home and all those guys
might contribute a few trillion cycles per second to the effort.

Success would be the creation of some kind of user interface which would
allow a prole to go in and enter, perhaps anonymously, what diseases they
have suffered, what they ate, where they live, what they smoked, when they
were born, what damn junk they poked into their veins to build muscle or
just for kicks, etc, then have the software reduce all that to a digital
signature and drop it into Snowmed.