[ExI] Ignorant fear mongering (was Re: Doomsday Oil Price: (was RIP: Peak Oil))

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 15:09:42 UTC 2012

On 26 February 2012 15:28, Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at canonizer.com> wrote:

> The moral experts need to be able know what evidence, and arguments, might
> convince everyone, not just themselves.

I do not believe for a minute that "moral experts" exist who be anything
else than historians of ethical systems - something which is not really a
qualification for making my choices in my stead.

As to "politicians" and "votes", the problem, as with "markets", has simply
to do with game theory unravelling effects, and I suspect that it cannot be
solved unless we accept that plural, competing collective entities be
maintained preventing all eggs to be put in a single basket and being
affected by Darwinian pressures.

--
Stefano Vaj