[ExI] Eden, deep memes, exodus from the Ape God

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jan 15 16:42:15 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of The Avantguardian

 >...If you think that is cynical, consider this: If a Bayesian were to assume that there were a God and that worldly success were a sign of God's favor then God's chosen people would not be people at all but ants. After all *1/5* of all land-based biomass is in ants. It has been calculated that minus the polar regions and possibly the top floors of fastitidiously cleaned skyscrapers, no human being is ever more than 6 feet from the nearest ant. That being said if God made his favored children in his own image then God is likely an ant. And since it would be unthinkable that God is a pathetic ant drone he must be female, therefore probably a queen. So sorry no father figure. ;-P   Stuart LaForge

Cool passage Stuart!  Well done, me lad.

If 1/5 of land based biomass, perhaps the formicidae family is the biggest fraction of all land based biomass, assuming we restrict the competition to the animal kingdom.  If so, I am pleased that this distinction goes to such a cool interesting family of beasts.