[ExI] Panbiogenesis

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Wed Jan 25 18:10:34 UTC 2012

On 25/01/2012 14:45, The Avantguardian wrote:
> Well at 400,000 g's acceleration, I was thinking more about supernovae
> shockwaves than meteor impacts. But I agree that the evidence is tenuous.

Well, in supernovae the problem is heating rather than acceleration.

I wonder if anybody has run a hydrocode on what happens to a terrestrial
planet subjected to its sun going supernova? It would be interesting to
see if any material is ejected that is not subjected to extreme heating
and radiation. Not that planets orbiting stars able to supernova are
that likely to be filled with life - they have a very short lifespan.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute