[ExI] types of cars and ethics

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jul 27 02:07:18 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of MB

>...I will say some bicycle riders like to taunt drivers - which leads to
hot tempers and mean words.

You said something important here MB.  Driving software will not get angry.
If a bicycle rider is poking along in the middle of the lane, a robo-driver
will likely fall in behind and contentedly follow indefinitely, without a
trace of simulated anger or aggressiveness.  This is a bigger problem than
the controls challenges of guiding the Detroit.

Suggestions please: what if we get a number of ideological anti-internal
combustion bicycle riders who wait until they see a robo-car coming, then
just ride out in front and block progress?  They know the robo-car will not
be nearly as big a risk as doing the same to a bio-driver.  A few
anti-global-warming idealists could gum up the progress easily and
relatively safely, and wouldn't even be breaking the law.  In California, a
bicyclist has all the same rights as the internal combustion devices.  They
too can legally carry a sidearm in most circumstances.