[ExI] De-Orbiting Gold

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon May 21 12:11:18 UTC 2012

On 21 May 2012 00:44, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> However, the real problem is of course that all the value lies in the
> perception of value.

Yes, I agree.

Bitcoin is very volatile because it is a small currency. A currency better
> be either large or backed by some stable institution to remain stable.

I look at Bitcoin with interest, by it is still unclear to me whether we
still need a currency, and/or whether a system such as that suggested in Money
as Debt III: Evolution Beyond
Money<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P7izAUe3ZM>would not be more
practical, and/or whether such currency should be scarce,
the problem with fiat money being possibly that of its control by private
monopolists lending it against interest more than of its very existence.

--
Stefano Vaj