[ExI] Life @ Playstation

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sun Nov 4 14:10:10 UTC 2012

I'm not experienced with PS-3s, but I was thinking of getting one some
day, mostly just to drive my TV.  So I'd definitely love to have the
system running things like folding at home, since I wouldn't be using it
for games and such.
Doesn't the PS-3 run on Linux, i.e. you could still install and run
anything you want?
Or is everything under Sony's control and locked down these days?
If so, how hard is it to jail break the system?

If you can't even run things like folding at home, that significantly
decreases my motivation to get one.

Brent