[ExI] Life @ Playstation

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 20:05:42 UTC 2012

On 4 November 2012 19:03, James Clement <clementlawyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Most geniuses of this caliber are not turned on by money or power, but
> generally want to facilitate making their vision of the future happen. Most
> of the ones I've met are humanitarian types.

In principle, this is a simple Paretian (or Darwinian?) issue. In a society
where the best thief is king, those who are best mostly choose to be
thieves. Why shouldn't they?

Of course, people are not just motivated by money. But if power, status,
fame, self esteem, access to scarce resources, sex appeal, influence, peer
recognition, etc., are in a given culture just a reflection of your wealth,
I suspect that your market value becomes a good approximation of what the
culture concerned thinks that you are worth.

--
Stefano Vaj