[ExI] Life @ Playstation

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Mon Nov 5 01:46:17 UTC 2012

Hi Spike,

Yea, I've done exactly that - visited some nursing homes, including ones
for loss of mind/memory.  It's almost as painful for me, even though I
know they aren't in as much pain, as going to a  major hospital's burn
unit.  And, just as you say, so much more could be done for them with
technology.  I've also recently started volunteering with Meals on
Wheels - and I'm getting to know some of the people we deliver to -
regularly, so am looking forward to asking them if they are interested
in anything like this.

As with most things, it all comes down to time.  Trying to provide an
income for my family, and working on the startup Canonizer.com, doesn't
seem to leave much time for such.

I'm sure if we could find a group of people interested in helping older
people in one location or one particular nursing home, which would be
able to help with some of the busy / training / support work, with our
direction, that could go a long way.  And it'd help if we could find a
nursing home which already had at leas some computers available for
residents to use.

There are lots of people in the Mormon church that volunteer at old
folks homes.  I'm sure if we could find enough of these kind of people,
at least in a single prototype location, we could get something started.

Maybe we should get a kickstarter.com project going.  I bet lots of
people would be willing to pay lots of funds to get a few seed / test
old folks homes started, to see if we could make something like this
work?  If lots of people were willing to help a bit, that would sure
make things easier / doable.

Brent Allsop