[ExI] californias don't know how to drive in the snow

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Nov 11 17:26:12 UTC 2012

I flew in to Denver from Orlando yesterday in a snowstorm at about 530 pm.
The landing was rather unique, because the pilot came in steep and hot,
which is consistent with SOP when there is weather.  But I noticed the pilot
didn't get on the brakes.  She used only thrust reversers, which aren't all
that enthusiastic on a 737, so the landing roll was the longest I recall
ever having experienced.  She never did get on the brakes, with about an
inch of snow on the runway.  We went all the way down to the end of the
runway and there were red and blue blinkety light all over the place.  Today
I found out what it was, further evidence that California drivers screw up
the first time two snowflakes fall together:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/11/southwest-airlines-plane-slides-off-tax
iway-at-denver-international-airport/?test=latestnews