[ExI] social reprogramming

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:34:27 UTC 2012

Il giorno 14/nov/2012 14:41, "Anders Sandberg" <anders at aleph.se> ha scritto:

> On 14/11/2012 13:18, Stefano Vaj wrote:
>>

>> Moreover, behaviourist training strategies, once more at least depicted
in US movies, actually appear to aim deliberately at the development of a
sort of controlled sociopathy.

> The problem is of course that the military is no longer mainly about
killing.

Of course. But I suspect it has not for a long time, if ever, and reference
here was mainly to whatever residual use may exist for the kind of warfare
depicted by, eg, Black Hawk Down or, in games, Call of Duty.

Speaking of which, the US side of asymmetrical warfare may well become more
and more about honing your PS3 skills... :-)