[ExI] Apocalypse Codex (Was: Religions)

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon Oct 1 20:27:15 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 21:10, Charlie Stross wrote:
> BTDT. Alas, most Xtian fundies don't read the kind of fiction I write. Worst I got was a couple of one-stars on Amazon for "The Apocalypse Codex". When the reader writes a 1000-word rant about a novel and only gives it one star, their review tells you more about them than about the book itself

Well, at least I enjoyed it immensely (I finished it this weekend).

If I may guess, what really irked the critics was the "There’s a certain
point beyond which any sufficiently extreme Calvinist sect becomes
semiotically indistinguishable from the Brotherhood of the Black
Pharaoh.", right? Or was it that you didn't represent the American
Powers That Be as nice?

Incidentally, while I am in fanboy mode, I should report that it was the
paragraph on Brains' security clearance in The Atrocity Archives that
gave me a proper rationale to come out of the closet. It made complete
sense.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute