[ExI] Bruce Klein

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:43:51 UTC 2012

I admire the support of the community for Bruce (that I don't know
personally) in this difficult moment. I approve of the idea of giving
people second and third chances and not to be too judgmental. But to
continue to repeat that "he did it because he needed badly the money" is
something we should not do.

I think the transhumanism movement is already something that people
consider suspicious if not evil per se (often people point to some
transhumanists connections with satanist organizations), while we see
ourselves as the heralds of a better world (not just from a material point
of view but also cognitive, moral and spiritual).

Saying things like "he did it because he needed the money" seems almost
justifying a thief's actions that I'm sure it is not the impression we want
to give.

Giovanni