[ExI] Transhuman

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 13:05:05 UTC 2012

"spike" <spike66 at att.net>

> Vaguely analogous are the torture-shoes: they don't make
> women more
> attractive directly, but rather (apparently) make women feel
> more
> attractive, which (somehow) causes them to behave in a more
> attractive
> manor.  It isn't that we boys are attracted to the
> shoes, but they think we
> are, so when they wear them they behave as though they are
> more attractive,
> which in some cases is self-fulfilling conviction.
> Cosmetics do the same
> trick.

I don't remember if I've already said this, but I'd disagree with the idea that high-heeled shoes don't directly affect attractiveness.

It's not the shoes that attract men, it's what they do to a woman's posture and apparent leg-length.  There may well be a psychological effect on the wearer too, but the effect of her apparently increased hip/waist ratio, leg length, and overall posture (exaggerated 'S' shape of the spine, which arches the back and makes all the right bits go in and out in a way to make men look twice) are the major reasons they are so popular, I think.

Even the ridiculous wobbling and tentative stride they cause don't detract from the effect of this postural boost.

Ben Zaiboc