[ExI] Fermi Paradox and Transcension

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Sep 9 13:30:32 UTC 2012

On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] Fermi Paradox and Transcension

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
>> ### There is increasing amount of data pointing towards a Goldilocks
> Earth - ... all that makes it quite unlikely we are latecomers.
>

>...Given the size of the Universe, it is most unlikely that we are the
first or only life. But it's possible.
I think it is pretty far down the list but that is still one possible Fermi
solution. We are the first... BillK

Until we know otherwise, we should assume we are the first intelligence in
the universe, and behave accordingly.  We need to become that lifeform we
feared existed somewhere, the one that is spreading everywhere and
colonizing everything.  We need to get with the program on that MBrain and
get moving before some other evolution-forsaken beast gets here first.