[ExI] Fermi Paradox and Transcension

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 14:07:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Stefano Vaj wrote:
<snip>
> Yes, *within* a single ethical system meaningful arguments can be raised and
> resolved. I still have a few doubts however that they are "rational"
> arguments in the sense of something which can be "calculated".
>
> But yes, I am inclined to concede that as a stupid human is less likely to
> see a blatant contradiction than a clever one, a more-than-human entity
> might be even quicker in weighing the logical aspects involved.

I doubt that. A stupid human is more likely to see certain actions as
just plain 'wrong'. Think of simple folk wisdom, or the 'Being There'
film.
Clever humans, on the other hand, can devise magnificent
justifications for any wrong act that they want to do.

Intelligence level is not linked to morality.

BillK