[ExI] Fermi Paradox and Transcension

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 17:40:44 UTC 2012

On 11 September 2012 16:07, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Stefano Vaj wrote:
>> But yes, I am inclined to concede that as a stupid human is less likely to
>> see a blatant contradiction than a clever one, a more-than-human entity
>> might be even quicker in weighing the logical aspects involved.
>
> I doubt that. A stupid human is more likely to see certain actions as
> just plain 'wrong'. Think of simple folk wisdom, or the 'Being There'
> film.
> Clever humans, on the other hand, can devise magnificent
> justifications for any wrong act that they want to do.
>
> Intelligence level is not linked to morality.

Sure.

But, if I may insist once more on the distinction, I am referring to
*moral reasoning* here, not to morality.

I can adopt an excellent moral system, justify it with a horribly
flawed philosophy, and be a terrible sinner.

Or I can be a very good man, in principle adhering to a very bad moral
code which I infringe, but which supported by very persuasive
arguments.

Or any other mix thereof.

--
Stefano Vaj