[ExI] ethics vs intelligence

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:52:57 UTC 2012

On 12 September 2012 15:40, Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> claimed:
> > I can adopt an excellent moral system, justify it with a horribly
> > flawed philosophy, and be a terrible sinner.
> >
> > Or I can be a very good man, in principle adhering to a very bad moral
> > code which I infringe, but which supported by very persuasive
> > arguments.
> >
> > Or any other mix thereof.
>

> How do you decide what is a 'good' or a 'bad' moral system?  Or do you
> mean consistent/inconsistent?

In my example above, I intended it "from any arbitrary POV".

That is, an "excellent moral system" is just shorthand for a "moral system
that you find excellent, whatever that may be".

The distinction between morality, moral and moral philosophy, which I see
shared with a slightly different vocabulary by Anders, is in fact
meta-ethical, and is applicable to any system(s), historically existed or
even purely hypothetical.

--
Stefano Vaj