[ExI] riots again

Charlie Stross charlie.stross at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 08:57:42 UTC 2012

On 26 Sep 2012, at 23:02, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> The robo-bombing is applied force, something that is understood better
> in the Middle East than in the West. They respect it, they fear it,
> it's their way for 1400 years or so, so it isn't condemned by them as
> much as by ourselves.

I'd just like to call that statement out for the Iron Cross first class with Oak Leaves for grotesque, vile, inhumanity on stilts.

Hint: some of us are old enough that our parents lived through the second stage of the Blitz on London, complete with bomdardment by drones (the V-1). Here's Clive Stafford-Smith with an explanation of what this stuff *really* means, in terms that might hopefully make it explicable to a westerner:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/25/drones-wests-terror-weapons-doodlebugs-1

Second hint: the US media are not covering what's actually going on out there, because news of family parties of brown-skinned people being turned into hamburger isn't good filler for selling advertising.

-- Charlie