[ExI] riots again

Charlie Stross charlie.stross at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:46:00 UTC 2012

On 28 Sep 2012, at 21:05, Tomaz Kristan <protokol2020 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > You guys piss me off.
>
> Really? Take your own advice to me - and close yourself inside a small world.
>
> Then you will not be pissed off.

You appear not to have read the actual content leading up to that declaration. I'm with Jeff on this.

One problem we have is that in the various muslim countries, people *know* there's state censorship and propaganda everywhere because there's no official doctrine of freedom of speech.

Whereas folks in the USA "know" they've got free speech because of the first amendment. So they tend to be blind the extensive and insidious propaganda soup they are marinated in.

-- Charlie