[ExI] riots again

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 08:08:26 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM, Jeff Davis  wrote:
<snip>
> You need to stop blaming Islam for defending itself and fighting back
> against Western criminality.  It's willfully dishonest, stupid, and
> makes you a tribal accomplice to the criminality.
>
> Stop Western aggression against Islam, and the violent response to
> that aggression will stop.  Otherwise, it's perpetual war, and while
> it may be emotionally satisfying to puff yourself up and declare
> "Bring it on, terrorists will not be appeased", I suspect you won't be
> pleased at how that plays out.

Unfortunately the West (mostly the US) has backed itself into a corner.

Forget all the metaphysical crap about religions. That's just a
convenient tool to manipulate populations.

The West has built a civilisation dependant on oil. End of story.
If the oil stops, Western civilisation collapses. So it is not
negotiable. The US will do anything to ensure oil supplies and to
install friendly governments over the oil resources. Planning 20 years
ahead, not just next month.
Everything else is just different stages on the path to that end result.

Defending against and killing terrorists is required because the
Western interference has upset some of the Arabs. But, as above, the
US presently sees no alternative. The Saudis support the US in public
for a very good reason. They don't want to be the next Iraq or Libya.
(In private their support goes elsewhere).

Longer term (over 20 years) the US can aim for alternative energy
sources. Though they have to persuade the corporations that control
the government that they need to change as well.

The West has to move to alternative energy or perish in the process.
But it won't be quick or easy.

BillK