[ExI] Bitcoin

david deimtee at optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 5 04:03:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 20:23:12 -0700
"spike" <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

>  <snip>
>
> BitCoin, I don't know.  I think you have a good point there however,
> and the Amazon argument is much stronger.  The first guy who starts
> up a BitCoin clone makes a lot of money off of it.  So it might be
> there is a continuing market for new digital currency.
>
> spike

There are already multiple cryptocurrencies attempting to compete or co-operate with Bitcoin.
See  http://dustcoin.com/mining for a list of some, and their relative values.
(Disclaimer: I have no idea how accurate or up to date that site is.)

Current top competitor seems to be Litecoin, at US$4.10 each.

-David