[ExI] future of slavery

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 03:03:35 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 4:29 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

new kinds of enslaveable agents not accepted by
> everybody as being persons, and so on.

### I am looking forward to the creation of ego-syntonically
enslaveable persons. I have no problem with keeping sentient,
self-aware and socially aware slaves, as long as their relationship
with me is fully accepted by them. I would insist on acceptance and
personal devotion to me, their master, for two reasons: I have a vague
feeling of ickiness about owning a slave who was deprived of freedom
against its wishes, and, perhaps more importantly, unwilling slaves
are likely to begrudge effort and dream of rebellion.

I wonder what will be the future ratio of freeminds and slaves. Robin
thinks that poor but free uploads will teem in their trillions but I
surmise that slaves will form the bulk of the population.

Rafal