[ExI] future of slavery

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 19:29:14 UTC 2013

On 6 April 2013 05:03, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> ### I am looking forward to the creation of ego-syntonically
> enslaveable persons. I have no problem with keeping sentient,
> self-aware and socially aware slaves, as long as their relationship
> with me is fully accepted by them. I would insist on acceptance and
> personal devotion to me, their master, for two reasons: I have a vague
> feeling of ickiness about owning a slave who was deprived of freedom
> against its wishes, and, perhaps more importantly, unwilling slaves
> are likely to begrudge effort and dream of rebellion.

Large-scale slavery, consensual or otherwise, have historically
demonstrated to be a disaster, in the medium term, for... slave owners,
namely in the form of a secure recipe for decadence.

Not to mention what Nietzsche and his progeny do have to say on the subject
besides the Darwinian/anthropological angle.

--
Stefano Vaj