[ExI] bike repair using double-skype, was: RE: future of proletariat, was: RE: future of slavery

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 18:03:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> Doh!  I can never think of an original idea.

"There is nothing new under the sun, just new combinations of old things."

Both the mechanic (me) and the prole (owner of similar bike, elsewhere) get
> two computers, both with Skype.  We call each other.  She sets her camera
> pointed on her bike, which transmits to me and I receive that image on my
> first computer.  I set my second computer’s camera on the screen of my
> first computer, which transmits back to her, which she receives on her
> second computer.

What she gets is often a blurry image, assuming there are not
camera/screen cycle issues that only gives her part of the image.
In general, you should look for some way to screen share, so
you & she only need one computer each.

However, re Skype specifically, Microsoft's apparently been
introducing some limitations on screen sharing & video for
non-Premium accounts; I wouldn't be surprised if they've put
code in to detect and disable the workaround you describe.  So
you should probably consider a non-Skype solution.