[ExI] bike repair using double-skype, was: RE: future of proletariat, was: RE: future of slavery

spike spike at rainier66.com
Wed Apr 10 20:23:21 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:14 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] bike repair using double-skype, was: RE: future of
proletariat, was: RE: future of slavery

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

Before we do that however, we need to collect some ideas.  That Suzuki
cavalcade repair notion isn't generally applicable, since there are only a
few hundred of those bikes left in the world today.

>.Tch.  You think bike repair shops get by fixing only one type of bike?
Any remote mechanic solution would have to apply to at least as
many different types of vehicles as a typical auto mechanic's shop.

No, that's the point.  I know how to do a specific repair on a specific bike
that professional bike shops cannot do: the parts are not available, and the
last shop that was certified to work on this specific model went out of
business two years ago.  Cavalcade riders are on their own.  But there are a
few guys around who know this specific oddball skill, so that is a good
example of a use for this particular notion.  Also, bike shops are liable.
If you coach someone else thru a repair, the presumption is buyer beware,
the owner who does the actual repairs accepts their own liability.  A big
part of absurdly high professional mechanic's price is the liability cost,
especially with motorcycles which can kill you if the mechanic does her job
wrong.

 Cooking?  (Not the bedroom kind, the kitchen kind, involving food.)

>.Careful.  Certain people may assume you're just being kinky there.
:P

See, there's a perfect example of why I need a sex coach.  I have no idea
how to do kinky stuff involving food, and have never done it in the kitchen,
the way you younger people do these days.

>  I believe you work for a certain company which might be interested
if you come up with hugely profitable applications of this?

Depending on how strictly one defines the term work, ja.