[ExI] bike repair using double-skype, was: RE: future of proletariat, was: RE: future of slavery

spike spike at rainier66.com
Wed Apr 10 20:27:45 UTC 2013

On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] bike repair using double-skype, was: RE: future of
proletariat, was: RE: future of slavery

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM, spike wrote:
> Both the mechanic (me) and the prole (owner of similar bike,
> elsewhere) get two computers, both with Skype.  We call each other.
> She sets her camera pointed on her bike, which transmits to me and I
> receive that image on my first computer.  I set my second computer's
> camera on the screen of my first computer...

>... think you are over-complicating the system. You only need her computer
to point at the engine. Remember you can talk to each other as well. So you
can verbally tell her what to do. If you see her making a mistake, you just
shout 'No - the green wire!'.

BillK

Ja, perhaps, but what I really want is to be able to point at stuff, rather
than describe it.  That would allow me to do the trick with people who do
not speak English, and might be faster anyway.  However ja, this could be
done with 2 computers and one Skype connection.  A cursor overlay would be
cool.  When you use Skype, is there a visible cursor on the screen?  If so,
the mirror trick might work.  spike