[ExI] Bitcoin

spike spike at rainier66.com
Mon Apr 15 17:47:38 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK

>...I think there is a contextual misunderstanding here.
In English literary history, the phrase "animal spirits" doesn't mean
literally being possessed by the spirit of an animal. It refers to a famous
quotation.
See: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_spirits_%28Keynes%29>
for the full history of the phrase.

BillK

EXCELLENT BillK, thanks.  Since Wodehouse used it, and I am among his
biggest fans, I now get it.  Wodehouse is one of your lads, by the way,
British to the core, and a fine example.  I consider him the British
counterpart of our Mark Twain for causing me delightful mirth.

An American equivalent to animal spirits would be a popular saying, "...do
SOMETHING, even if it's wrong!"