[ExI] shape shifting starlets, was: RE: proto-bitcoin

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 14:23:42 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 12:13 AM, spike  wrote:
> That occurred to me too, while watching the Next Generation.  I take it as
> the reason Picard was apparently celibate, as opposed to Kirk who would do
> anything, including the green chick (the Orion slave girl in episode 17,
> Whom the Gods Destroy, I think.  If it isn't episode 17, please don't
> geek-stampede me, my memory from 1968 has grown dim.)  Kirk would do anyone.
> But Picard had aaaallllll those goooorgeous space babes all around him, Dr.
> Crusher (ooooh, she could crush me anytime she wanted) the stunning
> Counselor Deanna Troi, and of course that crazy sexy 7 of 9, so knockout
> beautiful I would gladly become a Borganism just to be close to her, please
> glue that thing on my face.  But Picard never did any of them, because in
> the back of his mind, he knew that when he was in there, she could suddenly
> morph back into Q.

It may be nit-picking, :) but shape-shifting wasn't what I had in mind.
With a little more advanced technology, life extension could become
common. So with rejuvenation techniques, old experienced people could
look like 20 year old starlets. Add in cosmetic surgery and possibly
designer genes for humans and you get a redesigned ever-youthful human
race.

I agree that these techniques could be be used to create humans in
giant spider bodies, but who would vote for a giant spider for
President?  :)

BillK