[ExI] Bitcoin

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 28 23:53:01 UTC 2013

spike,

 >How do we know the attackers are fundamentally bullish on bitcoins?

According to the theory I heard, they disrupt the market to cause the price to decline, then buy coins with the hope that the price will rise even after they've damaged the credibility of the market. That requires a very bullish outlook.

There are one or two small exchanges experimenting with ways for bears to make money on price declines, but I don't think there is yet a way to short bitcoins in any meaningful way. This will change soon, however, as venture capital is flowing to a new exchange that will facilitate short sales.

> Also:  there are plenty of traders who have much to lose if bitcoin gains credibility.  They might invest much in causing other investors to lose confidence in it.

Who are they?

Gordon