[ExI] Digital Consciousness

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 19:52:56 UTC 2013

Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at canonizer.com> wrote:

> So let me try to explain it in more detail to see if that
> helps.

> In this idealized theoretical world, it is glutamate that
> has a redness
> quality.  And this glutamate behaves the way it does,
> because of this
> redness quality.  ...

> That?s at least how I think about it.  Does this help
> you guys at all?

Yes, it helps enormously.

Now, tell me (because it seems that you would know), in an old-fashioned mechanical clock, which cog is it that knows the time? (is that the right way to put it?  Perhaps I should say "which cog has the timeness quality?")
Is it that little spiky one?  I always suspected the little spiky one, but could never tell for sure.

Another conundrum that has me puzzled is how on earth were we able to 'upload' the time-telling function to digital watches?  I mean, which bit of a digital watch is even remotely like a little spiky cog?  (it is the spiky one, isn't it!?)

Ben Zaiboc