[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 09:38:36 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> Simple qualia like ability to tell light from darkness
> are reproducible by single-cell organisms (Euglena)
> or trivial robots with a photocell and a few transistors.
>
> If you scrub the word clean from overweening philosophical
> crud it's very simple.

It strikes me that the red qualia supporters have never been married.

The majority of men have some degree of red-green colour blindness and
little interest in ladies fashions. This leads to frequent discussions
(arguments?) with partners about colours, where it becomes very clear
over a period of many years that colours are not the same for
everyone. There is no such thing as a colour qualia. There is a
defined reflected light wavelength which is analysed and interpreted
slightly differently by every brain.

BillK