[ExI] lists going quiet, was: RE: list test

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Aug 1 11:10:32 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 10:23:43PM +1200, Andrew Mckee wrote:

> Umm, isn't one of the things that will also improve with IPv6, is
> the tracking of every single IPv6 internet packet back to it's
> unique human sender by the world wide snooping spook brigade?

You're assuming that tracking can be improved much.

> Not sure I'd call that an improvement for people who'd like to
> communicate anonymously.

If you want to communicate anonymously, you must leave the
open Internet, and use an anonymizing layer like Tor. E.g.
cjdns (which happens to run on top of IPv6) is not an anonymizing
layer. I2P is distinctly too weak, and Tor is at times to weak.

We need a provably secure anonymous communication platfor for
high-latency connections (low-latency connections appear to
be intrinsically hard to anonymize).