[ExI] phony google

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Thu Aug 8 03:29:53 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-08 00:44, Dave Sill wrote:
> Understand that no matter what you do, you can't be sure that some bad
> guy isn't listening/intercepting/redirecting anything/everything you
> do: you can only make it harder for them to do that.

You can say that again. I am sitting in China right now, and accessing
my usual resources is a real cat-and-mouse game.

Still, one lesson from the talks over here: data mining methods are
really bad when there are are too few examples. That requires an
expensive human looking at the data in order to do the clever
generalization. So do things uniquely.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute