[ExI] phony google

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 08:24:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 4:29 AM, Anders Sandberg wrote:
> You can say that again. I am sitting in China right now, and accessing my
> usual resources is a real cat-and-mouse game.
>
> Still, one lesson from the talks over here: data mining methods are really
> bad when there are are too few examples. That requires an expensive human
> looking at the data in order to do the clever generalization. So do things
> uniquely.

I trust you didn't take a smartphone or laptop with you?
If you did, you've already lost all the data on them and you will have
a horrendous clean up job to do when you get them back to UK.

Same applies on a trip to USA. Business people are now cautioned to
use disposable phones and laptops on trips abroad. When they arrive in
a foreign country they are recommended to borrow a laptop and phone
for temporary use and assume that everything they do with them will be
monitored.

That's life in today's world.

BillK