[ExI] [mta] Re: "Crypto Coin Law" vs "Law of the Crypto Coin"?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Fri Aug 9 03:26:39 UTC 2013

Gordon,

Part of my prediction is that in a few years, you and James will see how
wrong and incorrect your reasoning is.  How you are placing too much
value on things that don't matter at all, while completely missing or
being ignorant of much of what really does matter.

So are you and James saying that it isn't possible for very intelligent
people to have real rational ways of seeing something, like a particular
investment, is a sure thing, that the hurdling, fearful crowd, including
you and I, may still, mistakenly, think is far less of a sure thing,
than it really, rationally, and intelligently, should be considered to be?

Brent Allsop

On 8/8/2013 3:46 PM, Gordon wrote:
> Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at canonizer.com> wrote:
>
> >>"Many things could disrupt that trend."
> > I don't by this at all.Nothing could disrupt it....
>
> Wow. You should start a camp on your canonizer site for Religious
> Believers in Bitcoin. :)
>
> Most people have enough sense to understand it is still highly
> speculative. If your level of certainty was common, bitcoin would
> already be trading at $100,000 or more.
>
> >>"If you look at the sales of hula hoops in the 60s"
> >I can't believe you think Bitcoins is anything close to Hula Hoops.
>
> Bitcoin could turn out to be a passing fad. At this early stage, we
> simply don't know for sure. I agree that its outlook is positive, and
> I have a sizable chunk of my own money invested in it, but I'm not so
> naive as to believe it is a sure thing. There no sure things in the
> financial markets, Brent. Take it from me. I was in the business for
> many years. People paid for my advice. It's free to you.

You're only saying that because there has never been a sure financial
bet before now!  Don't you yourself always claim, past performance is no
guarantee of the future! ;)  I completely agree, for what I believe to
be much more rational reasons than just things like past performance, or
any of your other, to me, arguments that just seem to me to be similarly
as mistaken as this one.

So didn't Gordon Moore call his predictions "law like", and didn't many
other people, recognize the validity of this 'law' and intelligently use
such to get rich, way ahead other people in the silicone industry....,
long before most of the bleating world saw the rational and unmistakable
reasons for why it is still almost as much of a consistent law  (and
rationally knowable as such, since before Moore noticed such) as Bitcoin
has been to date?

Brent Allsop