[ExI] note from 23andme

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 17:02:35 UTC 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 8:42 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Compare that to politicians please.  They are perfectly free to promise
> whatever they want, regardless of how unbelievable and outrageous.  They
> get
> elected on the basis of these promises, then when it is discovered they are
> lying, there is nothing analogous to a lawsuit any company would face for
> false advertising.  Recalls are seldom used, and impeachment doesn't apply
> to that situation.

Indeed, I do believe several members of Congress could do with recalls over
the near-default they imposed.  And in general recalls should be more of an
option when politicians show a sustained history of messing up and not
acting in the interests of those who elected them.  (Not for one single
act, though that can be the trigger.  But those who consistently vote to
moneyed interests instead of what's best for the people who voted for
them...)