[ExI] "Law of the Crypto Coin" proven by new data point?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Dec 17 13:52:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 03:35:18AM -0700, Brent Allsop wrote:

> Transhumanites,
>
> Now that Bitcoin has hit a $1000/BTC in 7 months, has anyone not in
> the "Law of the Crypto Coin" camp been converted by the fact that

You seem to subscribe to the "Reading of Tealeaves" camp.

> now 6 of all 7 order of magnitude increases, have all been in about
> 6 months?  If not, how many more 6 month order of magnitude
> increases will be required to convert you?

To convert me to the "Reading of Tealeaves" camp?

> So far, it seems the expert consensus on this "Law of the Crypto

Truth is not a function of human belief quorum, especially
about the future. Especially, about some self-selected
"experts".

> Coin" is still unanimous.
>
> http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/154/2
>
> Would anyone be in any way justified in drawing any conclusions from
> this unanimous consensus?

What's the expert consensus on the value of tulip bulbs?
Is that a buy or a sell?