[ExI] "Law of the Crypto Coin" proven by new data point?

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Tue Dec 17 16:33:52 UTC 2013

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013, Brent Allsop wrote:

> Transhumanites,
>
> Now that Bitcoin has hit a $1000/BTC in 7 months, has anyone not in the "Law
> of the Crypto Coin" camp been converted by the fact that now 6 of all 7 order
> of magnitude increases, have all been in about 6 months?  If not, how many
> more 6 month order of magnitude increases will be required to convert you?

I have not been converted (but my affilliation to "Transhumanites" isn't
obvious, so go figure). I don't think there is any amount of increase that
could convert me to this "camp". But it could make me consider some short
to medium term speculation, by all means quick before it bubbles out.

If anyone seriously considers there will be time (say, a year or three
from now) when current US debt could be paid off by sum of 14BTC (or make
it 1400 if you will) donated by some benevolent owner, I'd like to hear
about it. I'm not ruling this out completely, but it sounds rather
ridiculous to me, right now.

> Would anyone be in any way justified in drawing any conclusions from this
> unanimous consensus?

"Unanimous consensus" and reality do not go the same path.

Regards,
Tomasz Rola