[ExI] far future

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 18:42:57 UTC 2013

Fights, wars, are things of the distant past.  There is no reason to mold a
person as a warrior, though certainly the designs for them are still in
computer memory.  There are no weapons except those prepared for alien
invaders, of whom nothing has been seen yet.  Aggressiveness, excess
testosterone - gone.  Actually, both men and women have the same. Same
height, same strength, etc. (as demanded by women -so, no 'little woman',
or 'baby', or need to protect them)

Along with the naturalistic bent of my future is the idea that any sort of
improvement comes from genes, not environment.  If a future person did not
like the hair they were born with Big Computer would examine their genes to
find out what's wrong.  So, no enhancement, no tattoos.

Muscles are about three times stronger, as are bones and sinews,
enhancements that were made tens of thousands of years ago when warriors
were designed, and kept in the gene pattern.

There is more of an Asian mind set in the future people - I am not
important, the group is important, don't stand out in any way, don't
compete except with yourself.

There will be a satire element but I don't want to discuss that now.

The population is down to a few thousand and going down to two - so, a new
Eden.  My character's visit there/then is part of a plan for everyone to
vote on what is the perfect human.

They can give people the smell sensitivity of a bear, eyesight of an eagle,
and so on, but to what purpose?  One of my favorite improvements is the
ability to inhibit certain brain stimulations.  For example, they cannot
overeat because inhibition kicks in and the food tastes like cardboard.
Also, they can see much further into their unconscious that we can and stop
cognitive errors such as overgeneralizing or over discriminating. They can
also, as you mentioned, increase the flow of brain chemicals that give
pleasure or whatever - no need for any drugs:  food, sex, music etc. create
massive pleasure, much like we try to enhance with pot of something.  But
they don't get addicted because of the ability to turn these off, which is
automatic after a certain time.  (an orgasm lasting, say, ten minutes,
would probably kill a person - so they are fairly conservative in their
outlook).

And I haven't even mentioned the sexual enhancements!