[ExI] Wind, solar could provide 99.9% of ALL POWER by 2030

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:13:33 UTC 2013

On 21 January 2013 05:01, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> The article has the ring of truth to it from my own experience.  I talk to
> teenagers whenever I get a chance, and I have noted a remarkable
> characteristic of the Y generation: as a group they don't seem to give a
> damn about cars, and don't seem to have much of an appetite for high end
> consumer stuff.

Interesting. I have almost entirely lost myself the lust for super cars, or
even super PCs for that matter. One reason may be that that diversity and
breakthroughs are much a thing of the past. But there might be other
subtler cultural reasons, not all of them benign...

As to the copulation drive, much here has to do with status symbols and
peer admiration. All this - in the West - has less and to do with hard,
powerful, real-world tech, in favour of simulacrum.

--
Stefano Vaj