[ExI] [mta] Re: Bitcion Moore's Law?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Thu Jul 4 16:01:48 UTC 2013

Hi Carl and Gordon,

Hmm.  I completely agree with all this - that "currencies are
representations of value", and that they "only grow in relation to the
underlying productivity of their economies".  But that is the point.  If
the underlying economy is growing exponentually, similare to Moore's
Law, then since Bitcions are limited in quantity, they must
comparatively grow in value to adequately handle the usage growth in
demand in any exponentially growing economy?

Gordon said he "has difficulty believing there is a Moore's Law for
Bitcoins".  So where is the disconnect, if the underlying economy, and
demand, in the long term is growing exponentially?

As you can see in this historical graph of Bitcoin valuation growth:
http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/154/2. It has so far followed more of a
Moore's law than almost anything else.  So how much more of this kind of
Moore's Law Growth will be required before you'll jump camps and admit
that there is a Moore's Law like growth in value of Bitcoins?  In other
words, what kind of evidence will falsify your beliefs?  Obviously, if
there is a deviation in this so far very linear (on a logarithmic graph)
growth pattern, this will falsify my predictions.  So, again, if you
think there will be a deviation from this kind of very linear growth,
what do you think this deviation would most likely be?  More growth?
Less growth?  Any random growth that is just not Moore's Law like linear
growth which we've seen so far? What, exactly, are you
saying/predicting, and where do we disagree, if we indeed do disagree?

Brent Allsop