[ExI] woman wants to be paraplegic

spike spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jul 17 23:33:33 UTC 2013

Behalf Of natasha at natasha.cc
Subject: Re: [ExI] woman wants to be paraplegic

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/07/17/able-bodied-woman-wants-surgery-to-
> make-her-paraplegic/?test=latestnews

> >.  The body
> which receives her head could then have ALS or something, and that head
> wouldn't mind, since it wanted to be quadriplegic to start with.

>.This must be an awful mental disease to endure.  An extreme form of
cutting?  Anyway, the smile on her face makes it even more alarming.  Out of
the ballpark if you ask me.

Natasha I would damn well hope this young lady is unable to find a team of
surgeons so unethical they would even consider doing such a thing as this.

There are psychological mechanisms in humans that somehow get gratification
from being dependent on others.  That might be it: a craving for the
closeness one feels for caregivers.  Perhaps it is a craving for the kind of
admiration we feel for someone with a disability working with it and making
do the best they can with the technology available.  I cheer for those with
muscle wasting conditions when I see them rally every ounce of strength and
struggle mightily to overcome.  Of course if I knew the person gave
themselves the disability intentionally, well that would more than cancel
any admiration.