[ExI] RES: RES: UltraRope could make kilometer-high elevators possible

Henrique Moraes Machado cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 19:52:27 UTC 2013

Not at all. I don't think I've got the resources to do a cost analysis
(neither know how to).
I was just brainstorming and MagLev was just one idea. For instance, why do
elevators have to have a shaft? They could as well spiral around the
building. They only need energy to go up and could be lifted by some kind of
crank like rollercoasters and go down by gravity alone, with air dampening
or using Lenz current (or some other method) to slow it down.
Elevator companies lack imagination. J