[ExI] Dealing with transhumanism bashing

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 00:58:30 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 1:35 AM, Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> 1. Muster a pose and go after people who would advocate that outcome
>> or policies that would inevitably lead to that outcome.
>

> OK do refrain please from ever posting anything that could possibly be
> interpreted as a threat.  Even if posed in language that brings forth
> imagery of a group of 19th century white hat men on horses, making comments
> such as "Head 'em off at the pass, boys!" it still gives me the creeps.  We
> don't do posses here.  We are a peaceful movement, filled with good will
> towards all.
>
> your friendly omnipotent moderator and still non-uploaded guy,

I wanted to share that "muster a pose" created in my mind a literal
picture of summoning the energy to stand ready for a picture.  I
pretty much stopped reading the rest of that sentence.

I have a bunch of other emails to read, if you're going to distract me
with amusing typos I'll probably miss your actual point.

I also have to admit I didn't take the time to watch the hour-plus
long video that Natasha posted.  I wish she had summarized to a few
overview points so I could comment directly on those takeaways.

BillK:  I stand corrected re: Amish population.  Unexpected.  Not sure
how to make sense of those facts.  :)