[ExI] Rand Paul Filibuster

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 20:06:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, that would be considered "criminal", and the police - not
> missile-equipped
> drones - would be dispatched in that case.  Are being, even.

Right, and the events of 2001-09-11 were criminal, too. But politicians
declared them acts of war. Now all terrorists are combatants. Yes, of
course, a police response would make sense, but since when do
governments--the US gov't, especially--behave reasonably? In the past
they've responded with armed forces, but who's to say what they would have
done if they could have punched up a drone to do the job instead? The same
properties of drone attacks that make them to attractive in other countries
also apply in the US--with the *possible* exception of greater backlash to
collateral damage.

At least, unless and until the guy starts shooting the cops.  But even then,
> police snipers are more practical - not just morally and politically, but
> economically in this scenario.  Sometimes, even bloated government
> bureaucracies prefer to go with the cheaper solution.

Yeah, you'er right. I'm sure there's no need/plan for domestic drone
installations.

-Dave