[ExI] Bosch exits Solar business in Germany

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 04:55:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 9:29 PM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> We wouldn't need a boat or any pipe.  An ordinary high pressure pump used in
> any chemistry lab can easily manage 4 bars.  A bucket of seawater, a
> graphene membrane, and we are in business, no kickstarter needed.  If we
> decide we want to use pipes, ordinary schedule 40 PVC pipe would do, the
> kind available at the local hardware store.  Put our graphene filter at the
> bottom, run the pipe up along a building about 12 storeys high, fill the
> pipe with the seawater, there you have your 4 bars.

Running the pipe up a building sounds more expensive (in terms of effort:
find someone w/a 12 story building willing to let you do science like this,
and haul in enough seawater) than just getting a boat and going out to
sea.  Also potentially less conclusive.

> The report that contained the original claim didn't give any details
> regarding the graphene membrane however.  I can imagine those details may be
> much harder to come by than producing a paltry 60 psi water column.

...yeah.  Do you have the original report, that the reporters can be
contacted and asked how they acquired or made that membrane?